Bangalore Open Air has long been the biggest Rock & Heavy Metal festival in India. Started 6 years ago, it’s has gone from strength to strength in every subsequent year. Fans from across country attend the event & has built reputation across the globe. Festival is powered by Wacken Open Air (Germany), which is the largest heavy metal festival in the world. Over the years Bangalore Open Air has proven to be a virtual paradise for rock fans across the Indian subcontinent and many parts of Asia.
The festival unites thousands of music fans from all walks of life for a once in a lifetime experience every year. Featured over 40 international artists, many of whom boast iconic stature in the rock and heavy metal world. The festival also promotes local talent and has seen some of the sub-continent’s finest artists grace its stages.
About 7th Edition
The 7th edition of the festival was bigger and better than ever before. Bands that performed this year were – Overkill, Immolation, Alcest, Nervecell & Kryptos. Immolation & Overkill are bands from America, Alcest from France, Nervecell from Dubai and Kryptos from India.
Individually every band performed for nearly an hour and it was truly exhilarating. The location for the event was ‘Aadya Farms Leisure Park’ which is nearly 25-30kms away from city central. Surrounding by greenery and forest like area, it’s the perfect location for listening to music for doing head-banging continually.
- Fans from different parts of the country had come over in their most funky black outfits which had pictures of their favourite bands.
- The stage was quite large which could accommodate the huge music system that every band use.
- Plenty of open space was kept aside in front of the stage to simply enjoy the music and jam.
- G-Shock watches manufactured by Casio are one of the main sponsors for the event. They had a separate section where all the watches were on display.
- Amstel was one of the beer that’s coming to India (100th country) had setup a special VIP section very close to the main-stage. This allowed the guests to hang-out and watch the performance.
- Food counters were presented at one section to allow attendees to keep the attendees energized. Too much of head-banging may tired people and make them dizzy.
- Separate tickets country was present at the enter where they would put a specific tag on the write which allowed entry. Plenty of parking space was set-aside which was decently regulated by organizers.
The event was well organized, and people were enjoying themselves. Thanks to the weather, everyone could enjoy the music and there was no hindrance for performers.
G-SHOCK line of watches manufactured by CASIO are designed to resist mechanical shock and vibration. Its full form is Gravitational Shock. The watches are designed primarily for sports, military and outdoors-oriented activities.
Nearly all G-shocks are digital or a combination of analogue and digital and have a stopwatch feature, countdown timer, electroluminescent backlight and water resistance.
Details of Event
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/BangaloreOpenAir/
Website – https://www.bangaloreopenair.com/
Location – Aadya Farms Leisure Park, Yelanka, Bangalore
Date & Time – 7July’18, 2pm – 10pm
Tickets – Available were available on Bookmyshow
Social Media Handles
Instagram – @gshock_in
Facebook – @CASIOGSHOCKIndia
Twitter – @CasioIndia
#GShockBOA2018 #GShock #AbsoluteToughness #CasioIndia